Friday, April 30, 2010

Hummus



Nearly every time I look at the JMS menu, the hummus jumps out at me. I first tried it at an event a couple years ago and have since had it in the restaurant. Every time, I’ve loved it. So, I’ve been looking forward to photographing (and eating!) it. All winter long, I’ve been looking forward to it.


Jill and I agreed that hummus is more of a spring/summer dish and so we should wait until warmer weather to feature it. So I waited through the icky winter weather. I waited through snow and rain. I waited when the temperature was below freezing and I thought my toes would fall off. Can you tell that I don’t really enjoy winter anyway? Waiting for hummus just became one more reason I couldn’t wait for spring to arrive. Now, warm weather is finally here and so is my beloved hummus.


Johnny’s hummus is delicious. Garlic is a part of many dishes on the menu and hummus is no different. BUT it’s not overwhelming. Two words come to mind when I think about Johnny’s hummus: smooth and cool. Oh yes, this hummus definitely has texture but at the same time it is very smooth. It’s also the perfect snack when the sun has been beating down on you all day and your tastebuds feel half-dead from heat exhaustion. To me, there’s just something about hummus that says “relax and enjoy this delicious food.”


Johnny’s hummus comes with veggie sticks or homemade corn chips. There’s a delightfully fresh *crunch* of eating hummus with veggie sticks. At the same time, Johnny’s homemade corn chips are fresh and crispy in their own way and are quite a delicious companion.


I know you’ll love this hummus but let me know which dipping companion you prefer: corn chips or veggies?


Check out the photos on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me :)

Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse On Facebook