Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fried Mushrooms & Pickles




I’ll be up front and say that I don’t like mushrooms or pickles. They’re on my list of foods that I routinely “eat around” and leave on my plate if they happen to be mixed in with something I’m eating.


But I agreed to try Johnny’s fried pickles and fried mushrooms anyway. I wasn’t sure that I would like them but I knew they deserved a chance.


The verdict: YUMMY! I probably won’t be ordering either one instead of a brisket quesadilla any time in the future, but I wouldn’t mind eating them again.


Both the pickles and mushrooms were fried right. The batter wasn’t too thick yet still lent the right amount of fried flavor give the mushrooms a unique taste. Inside the batter, the pickles were still surprisingly crisp and fresh. To top it off, these dishes are both served with Johnny’s delicious smokehouse sauce. I think I would eat nearly anything if only it were dipped in this amazing sauce!


Check out the pictures on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me :)

Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse On Facebook