Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shrimp Plate



Fried, Grilled, or Blackened- order your "barbecuer's dozen" (that's 13 shrimp!) whichever way is going to make you the happiest. I find myself at a loss to recommend which way I liked the most, so I guess this is a decision you're going to have to make for yourself! No matter how he cooks them, Johnny's shrimp retain that perfect, fresh-seafood feel that will have you coming back for more.

My shrimp were perfectly paired with sides of cool pasta salad and steaming french fries. Like his mac 'n cheese, Johnny's pasta salad is all about the fixins. The pasta noodles themselves are plentiful and delicious but, more importantly, tomatoes, olives, and a healthy dose of seasonings abound in this dish. The moment these tangy noodles hit your tastebuds, there's no mistaking this pasta salad from anything but an original, homemade JMS creation.

As for the fries, not a bit of sogginess in sight. Normal fries might have turned to mush while waiting for me to finish taking pictures of this spread. Not so with Johnny's fries. These amazing wedges of potato are fried to a perfect golden-red on the outside while still retaining their flaky white insides. I'm certain you won't find any other fries that start out so delicious and stay that way, even after sitting out.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos. The blackened shrimp are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me :)

Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse On Facebook