Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hot Wings



Another delicious week at Johnny Mitchell’s Smokehouse! I’m getting sick of this rainy weather and was glad to forget my troubles while sampling some amazing food!

Lucky dog that I am, I chowed down on hot wings. At parties, I usually avoid wings. I’d rather chat with my friends while eating something a bit less messy.

Today, with homemade wing sauce coating each and every one of my fingers, I realized I’ve got to make a point of breaking that habit. Like Johnny’s ribs, these wings are worth the effort! The hot wings had just enough zing to make me sit and pay attention but weren’t overpowering. The blue cheese dipping sauce that Jill brought out was the perfect complement to their spiciness.


Don’t forget: it’s homemade! Johnny and Jill make their wing sauce, dipping sauces, and salad dressings in-house from only the best ingredients. Jill admits that she finds herself turning up her nose at grocery store sour cream and mayonnaise because she’s so used to the high-quality ingredients used at the smokehouse.


This week I was in for a very special treat: two dishes. In addition to the wings, I also sampled Johnny’s ribeye with hashbrowns and a salad. Check back on Thursday for my description of this amazing hunk of meat.



And, of course, more photos on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me :)

Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse On Facebook