Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ribeye



I’ve spent the last two days bouncing ideas around in my head, trying to find the best words to explain exactly how uniquely amazing Johnny’s ribeye is. So far, I’ve had no great inspirations. I guess you’re stuck with me just giving it my best shot. If worst comes to worst, you may have to go to Johnny’s and sample this juicy sucker yourself!

First, I had Jill and Johnny explain to me just how special this cut of meat is. While I have confidence that Johnny can transform anything from just average to absolutely amazing, knowing the quality of his ingredients helps me understand how he churns out perfection each and every time.

I learned that ribeye is considered one of the choicest cuts of beef. Delmonico ribeye is truly the cream of the crop: it is cut from the center of the ribeye and is possibly the best piece of the entire cow. Delmonico ribeye captures all the amazing tenderness of typical ribeye but eliminates the fat around the edges. This means that a 16 oz Delmonico ribeye is an entire 16 ounces of juicy, waiting-to-be-eaten meat.

Knowing all of this, I shouldn’t have been surprised when I cut into my steak and savored a bite of what every piece of beef should taste like. It’s always nice to realize that once again Johnny has created a masterpiece better than anything I’ve ever had before.


The ribeye is served with two sides; I had a green salad and hashbrowns.

The salad is a very straightforward bowl of mixed greens. The best thing about it: no iceberg lettuce! This mix of field greens and spinach is not only delicious but actually has some nutritional value.

The hashbrowns were a quintessential example of a Johnny Mitchell’s Smokehouse surprise. When you see them on the menu, you wonder what on earth hashbrowns have to do with barbecue. When you see them on your plate you realize that “hashbrowns” is way too simple a word to describe them. You wonder if any word could adequately describe this garlic parmesan potato cuts. The answer is no: a thousand words can’t tell you what makes these potatoes so special. A thousand pictures can give you an inkling. The only word that truly describe these hashbrowns is the knee-jerk “mmmm” that you can’t help but utter after you take your first bite of these beauties. How do you put that on

a menu?



More photos of ribeye and friends on Facebook!


Warning: viewing photos of ribeye, salad, and garlic parmesan hashbrowns

may cause an uncontrollable desire to run to JMS and order steak immediately.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. It all looks so good. Nutritious and delicious. I've been craving some of that wonderful BBQ the last few weeks. We will have to make a trip out there soon so I can get my fix w/all the fixen's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me :)

Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse On Facebook