Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Barbecue Sampler Platter



I’ll be the first to admit that I’m indecisive. I always have so much trouble ordering at restaurants because I just can’t decide what I want. Johnny and Jill realize that a lot of people have trouble choosing which JMS award-winning meat to eat, so they’ve created the perfect platter for all their indecisive meat loving customers.


The barbecue sampler platter still involves making a decision, but you don’t have to narrow it down to just one thing. Instead, you choose your 3 favorite meats. Your options: sliced brisket, pulled pork, chicken, ribs, and smoked tofu.


If you really looked at the picture above, you may have noticed that I have more than three meats on my plate. Lucky me, Johnny served all five options for the photoshoot. Now you know what all the options look like and, as an added bonus, I got to try everything!


I’ve mentioned before how much I love Johnny’s brisket. He really takes the time to smoke it just right and results are fabulous.


Also, I may have mentioned his pork a couple times before. I may have mentioned that it wins awards left and right and that the delicious pork flavor explodes in your mouth.


I’ve also tried the smoked half chicken before. Remember when I wrote about how pink is a mark of smokey goodness?


And of course you all remember the posts about ribs. I talked about them in the party pick post and the rack of ribs post. Cooked to competition standards, Johnny’s ribs are definitely worth trying- even if you think you don’t like ribs.


Finally, the smoked tofu. If you haven’t tried this yet, the sampler platter is a great way to try smoked tofu without committing to an entire plate of it. It’s very easy to be overlook tofu because so often tofu just isn’t cooked right. It kind of reminds me of brisket. Johnny always talks about how brisket is the “orneriest piece of meat” but if it’s cooked just right, it can be the best. Even though tofu isn’t meat, I think the same thing applies. It’s so easy to cook it wrong, but when it’s done right, it’s delcious. So please, don’t give up on tofu until you’ve give Johnny’s version a try. The tofu at Johnny Mitchell’s Smokehouse has all the depth and flavor of a piece of meat, but it’s not actually meat!



So, which three would YOU choose for you barbecue sampler platter?


more photos on flickr, as usual :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me :)

Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse On Facebook