Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Brisket Quesadilla



I can pinpoint the exact moment when today went from just good to absolutely amazing: sitting at my favorite table at Johnny Mitchell’s Smokehouse waiting to begin eating my way through their menu. Over the next several weeks, I’m going to become a JMS expert. Not only am I going to sample every single item on the menu, I am also interviewing Johnny and Jill about their flavors, their recipes, and barbecue cooking in general. I love to learn and I love to eat, so of course I can’t wait to get started.


Starting with my favorite item on the menu seemed like a pretty good idea. Nothing beats a crispy tortilla filled with brisket, cheese, black beans, and yumminess. Add the red, green, and corn salsas served with this eight-piece quesadilla and you have a pleasing appetizer for 3-4 people.


I have a bit of a secret to confess: though I gave it a valiant effort, I couldn’t finish this entire dish. Even after eating my fill (I considered it a very large afternoon snack) I still had quesadilla left to carry out. At home, mixing the leftover green salsa into some rice and stir-fried vegetables was the perfect side dish for the leftovers. If you’re not a fan of leftovers, try ordering the “snack size.” This half-quesadilla is the perfect lunch for one.


That’s my best shot at describing this dish. Now you understand why I’m planning to rely heavily on interviews with Johnny and Jill and pictures of the food. I can’t claim to be any sort of foodie. I like to eat and I can follow a recipe but beyond that I’m clueless. To make up for my lack of discernment when it comes to subtle flavors, I’m putting together this blog. I’m convinced that me telling you that Johnny and Jill’s food is delicious won’t be enough to get you out the door and to Euharlee. Instead, I hope that between the pictures and the interviews, you’ll begin to feel those cravings that can only be satisfied by a meal (or two or ten) at Johnny Mitchell’s Smokehouse.


Click here to see more pictures of the brisket quesadilla on Flickr


Johnny talks about Brisket!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! Your comments mean a lot to me :)

Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse On Facebook